Reminder: Deadline for Submitting an Updated 2020 ICH CAHPS Quality Assurance Plan is March 31, 2020
This is a friendly reminder that the deadline for ICH CAHPS Survey vendors to submit the annual Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) is 11:59 PM Eastern Time on March 31, 2020. If you need more time due to COVID-19, please let us know as soon as possible.
The QAP must describe how the survey vendor will implement, comply with, and provide oversight of all survey and data processing activities associated with the ICH CAHPS Survey. To ensure prompt review and acceptance of your Update QAP, please follow the procedures listed below:
- Locate the version of your most recently approved QAP; that is, the version that was accepted by CMS and the Coordination Team in 2019.
- Make a copy of that version and accept all tracked changes, creating a clean copy of your QAP.
- Make all 2020 updates to your clean copy using track changes, so that your document reflects only the changes made since your most recent approved QAP.
- Make sure to include updates to your QAP if your organization has had changes in ICH CAHPS Survey personnel, changes to protocols or procedures, and/or changes in approved survey mode(s).
- Make sure your QAP follows the format shown in the Model QAP posted on the ICH CAHPS website. Also make sure that you provide information for every topic included in the Model QAP.
- Before submitting your update QAP, check it carefully to make sure that it reflects all ICH CAHPS Survey protocols disseminated via announcements posted on the ICH CAHPS website and/or described in the latest version of the Survey Administration and Specifications Manual.
- Submit your QAP online via the ICH CAHPS website by accessing the Submit Quality Assurance Plan option under the “For Vendors” menu on the grey bar at the top of the website’s home page (https://ichcahps.org/).
The QAP must be updated and submitted annually on or before March 31 of each year and at any time the vendor has a change in ICH CAHPS personnel, capabilities, or systems that are used to administer the ICH CAHPS Survey. Remember that you must also update your online ICH CAHPS Vendor Application Form if you have been approved to add/drop survey modes, changed key personnel and/or subcontractors, and/or have changed your business name or location.
Please note that if your operations have temporarily changed due to COVID-19, those changes do not need to be detailed in the QAP at this time. We are working with CMS on what, if any, documentation is needed for this and will ask for any required information separately.
Please contact the ICH CAHPS Survey Coordination Team at 1-866-245-8083 or via email at email@example.com if you have any questions about the QAP update process or deadline.