Updated ICH CAHPS Survey Materials for the 2021 Spring Survey
folder_openChanges to Protocols and Guidelinescalendar_todayPosted February 5, 2021
The following ICH CAHPS Survey materials have been updated for the 2021 Spring Survey and have been posted on the ICH CAHPS website:
Materials posted to the “Survey Materials” page here:
- ICH CAHPS Cover Letters 1 and 2 in all approved languages (10 cover letters)
- The cover letters have been revised and simplified. Survey vendors are now required to use these revised cover letters, instead of using them as examples to develop their own cover letters.
- The cover letters posted on the ICH CAHPS website contain placeholders for the CMS logo and signature. Approved survey vendors are provided with the letters via email with the official CMS logo and signature included.
- Telephone Scripts in both approved languages (2 scripts):
- INTRO2 in the telephone script has been updated with the following changes in both translations:
- Replaced the text “protected by the Privacy Act.” with “kept private by law.”
- Removed the text “and will not affect your health benefits in any way.”
- This text was removed from the revised ICH CAHPS cover letters, so making this change in the telephone scripts will ensure that sample patients receive the same information, regardless of their data collection mode.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) in both approved languages (2 documents):
- Minor updates were made to the FAQ to mirror changes made to cover letters 1 and 2 and the telephone script:
- Replaced the references to “the Privacy Act” with “law.”
- Removed references to participating in the survey not affecting the care patients receive now or in the future.
- Added the new Care Compare website address.
- ICH CAHPS Flyer/Poster Template in both approved languages (2 documents):
- These templates are now posted on the Survey Materials page.
- The templates posted on the ICH CAHPS website contain placeholders for the CMS logo. Approved survey vendors are provided with the templates via email with the official CMS logo included.
- OMB Disclosure notice in all approved languages (5 documents):
- Very minor edits were made to the header explanatory text for vendors indicating that the OMB disclosure notice is now included on the cover letter and that while it may also be printed on the survey, this is not required.
Materials posted under the “For Vendors” dropdown:
- Model QAP:
- The Model QAP has been updated to reflect the new May 31st due date for annual update QAP submissions, and that vendors should now be including in their QAP submission the mail survey, telephone script, and cover letters 1 and 2 for each language they are administering, where applicable.
These updated ICH CAHPS Survey materials will be discussed during the ICH CAHPS Survey Vendor Update Webinar Training session on Wednesday, February 10, 2021. A training agenda and the presentation slides for this training session will be posted on the ICH CAHPS website by 5:00 PM ET on Friday, February 5, 2021.
Please contact the ICH CAHPS Coordination Team via email at email@example.com or call toll-free at 1-866-245-8083 if you have any questions.