Changes to the ICH CAHPS Survey Questionnaire
The following changes have been made to the In-center Hemodialysis CAHPS (ICH CAHPS) Survey questionnaire that will be used in the CY2014 ICH CAHPS Survey.
- The title of the survey on the cover page of the questionnaire has been changed to “Medicare In-Center Hemodialysis Survey.”
- The Office of Management and Budget Paperwork Reduction Act Disclosure Notice is now on the cover page.
- Survey instructions that include the sample facility name and how to handle skip patterns have been moved to the cover page.
- In Question 1, the skip pattern for the “At home” response option has been changed. Sample patients who indicate that they now receive dialysis at home are instructed to skip to Q45.
- The wording in Q2 has changed; the question now reads “How long have you been getting dialysis at [SAMPLE FACILITY NAME]?”
- In Q2, the skip instruction for the “Less than 3 months” response option has changed. Sample patients who choose this response option are now instructed to skip to Q45.
- In Q2, the skip instruction for the “I do not currently receive dialysis at this facility” response option has changed. Sample patients who choose this response option are now instructed to skip to Q45.
- The transition statement that appears above Q3 has been changed as follows. “Your kidney doctors are the doctor or doctors most involved in your dialysis care now. This includes kidney doctors that you see inside and outside the center.”
- The transition statement that appears above Q36 has been changed to read as follows. “The next few questions ask about your care in the last 12 months. As you answer these questions, think only about your experience at [SAMPLE FACILITY NAME], even if you have not been receiving care there for the entire 12 months.”
These changes have been made in all approved language versions (English, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Samoan.) Those that are applicable have been made to the ICH CAHPS telephone script. The revised questionnaire in each language can be found here.
Please contact the ICH CAHPS Survey Coordination Team at 1-866-245-8083 or via email at email@example.com if you have any questions about these changes.